When selecting a laboratory for your needs, it is important to be sure they can supply you with accurate and reliable results. The technical competence of a laboratory depends on a number of factors, including:
Customers today seek reassurance that products, materials, or services they purchase or produces meet their expectations and/or conform to particular requirements. This often means that a product is sent to a laboratory to determine its characteristics against a standard or conditions. Selecting a technically proficient laboratory minimizes the risk of producing or providing a faulty product.
Product confidence is enhanced if the customer knows it has been thoroughly evaluated by an independent and proficient testing facility. If the laboratory can demonstrate has been evaluated by a third party, customers know they can rely on independent evidence rather than accepting a supplier’s word that a product is fit for purpose. Accredited laboratories receive a form of international recognition, giving their data more ready acceptance in overseas markets. This recognition also helps reduce costs by eliminating the need for additional retesting in the importing country.
IAPMO EGS has the following accreditation or recognition:
1. Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory by OSHA (link to OSHA’s IAPMO page)
2. SCC in accordance with ISO/IEC 17065 (link to SCC website)
3. ANAB in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025 (link to ANAB website)
4. State of Maryland (link to http://mdsp.maryland.gov/firemarshal/Pages/CodeEnforcementLicensingRegulation.aspx)
5. State of North Carolina (link to http://www.ncdoi.com/OSFM/Engineering_and_Codes/Documents/Code_Enforcement_Resources/
6. State of Ohio (link to
7. State of Washington (link to
8. City of Chicago
9. City of Los Angeles (link to
10. County of Los Angeles
11. Clark County, NV